My girlfriend posted a link on Facebook sometime last week with one of those videos of them making this Puff Pizza Ring…They had me at “Puff”!
So after a quick check of the fridge I realized I had everything I needed, with a few changes to the original recipe of course…I wouldn’t be me if I just followed the directions…
Below you will find the recipe with the alteration that I made. Not really drastic in this case really just more of substitution. You will also see the real life pictures of how it looked when it came out, and the picture above is the finished product from the original video. This difference is HILARIOUS! Here is the link to the original video and recipe from Thrillist. (https://www.thrillist.com/recipe/nation/puff-pizza-ring)
Puff Pizza Ring
2 Pack Ready to Roll Puff Pastry
Sweet Italian Sausage
Grated Smoked Cheddar Cheese
***You will notice that I have not included any measurements; this is simple because I didn’t measure. This is my preferable way to cook. And, with this recipe it really is not necessary.***
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Flour a large cutting board & rolling pin and roll out the Puff Pastry into 2 large rectangles. Using a pizza cutter slice each rectangle into 8 triangles.
- Arrange the triangles in a circle overlapping each one slightly.
***mine was more of a oval as my baking sheet was rectangle***
- Spread Pizza Sauce around the ring leaving some aside for the topping.
- Then top with your ingredients; sausage, mozzarella, basil (any ingredients you like on your pizza).
- Whisk your eggs and brush the egg on the exposed Puff Pastry edges.
- Fold the corners of the Puff Pastry into the center and seal together the ring.
- Brush the entire ring with the whisked egg.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Add more Pizza Sauce to the top of the ring and grate your Cheddar Cheese on top.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes and serve.